The hotel is situated on the seafront in Ortigia, an island in the centre of Syracuse. It is a few steps from the marina and also close to the cathedral and the Arethusa Spring. Originally built in 1892, this historical city hotel offers 25 guest rooms, and the marble stairway and glass skylight are among the original features on show in this four-storey property. The rooms are accessible by lift, and safe deposit boxes and complimentary newspapers are provided at the front desk, where multilingual staff can assist with travel and tourist arrangements. Each room features an en suite bathroom with shower, bathtub and hairdryer, a double or king-size bed, a kitchenette with mini fridge, and individually regulated air conditioning and heating. Other in-room amenities include satellite TV, Internet access and a safe.